Flu vaccinations 2019
It’s never too early to start thinking about protecting yourself from flu.
The flu vaccine is the best way of protecting yourself against the virus. You will be eligible for a free flu vaccination if you are a registered patient and are:
- Over 65
- Have certain medical conditions including, but not limited to, chronic (long-term) conditions such as:
respiratory, heart, kidney and liver diseases, neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease and MS, diabetes, and a weakened immune system (or if you live with someone who has).
- If you receive a carer’s allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill, or if you receive a carers allowance.
We have already ordered your vaccine, please support your local GP practice by having your flu vaccination with us.
In the coming weeks we will be running flu clinics which we will advertise on this page and also though our social media channels. Alternatively, if you are coming in to see us for a routine appointment we can arrange for you to have your flu vaccination at the time. Please let us know if you would like to do this.
Flu Clinics (only for eligible patients)
- 01 October – 9am – 12pm Longframlington Surgery (over 65s only)
- 03 October – 9am – 12pm Harbottle – Pre booked appointments (over 65s only)
- 19th October 9am – 12pm Rothbury (over 18s only)
(Please note that due to delayed delivery dates for the under 65s vaccines, the clinic on Saturday 12 October has had to be re-arranged for Saturday 19 October).
Children’s Flu Clinics (only for eligible patients)
29 October, 30 October & 31 October. Please contact the surgery to book into these clinics.
If you have any questions or to check if you are eligible, please contact us so we can provide further advice and information.